[APG Public List] Donations to a historical society

Tate stubbytate at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 10:18:11 MST 2009

Israel,

I am certainly no expert but it sounds to me that since it was your mother's personal property, you can legally deed it as a gift.  If, however, you DID know the name of the person(s) in the video and could contact their relations, I'm thinking you might have to get their permission before gifting it out just to cover your bases.

http://www.archivists.org/publications/deed_of_gift.asp

Usually, an attorney will give you 30 minutes of free advice but that's here in the States.  Perhaps you could call an attorney local to the area of the donation to discuss over the phone.

 Thank you very much!

Lynita
Marietta, GA