[APG Public List] with regret

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Mon Nov 2 09:46:01 MST 2009

I had decided to leave the APG, but after reflecting on things over the
weekend, I've renewed and am staying put (so don't stuff my envelope,
Kathy).

Many thanks to all those who wrote me off list encouraging me to stay put.
It was refreshing to hear from so many who have similar concerns and hopes
for the future of what can be a true professional association, one that is
centered on working on behalf of all of its members in a more open and
transparent manner. I've changed my mind because of what you had to say, and
I thank you for reminding me that it's worth working for.

As for those who are less than thrilled at my APG rebirth, I'm here to
engage in conversations which abide by the list guidelines, and that are
offered in a respectful and civil manner. That's all I ask in return. I'm
willing to talk to you off list if you want, where we can be more frank.

And for those who don't care either way, that's great.  Maybe we can make
you care, because an organization that doesn't keep changing, keep working
directly with its members, is not one that can truly reflect the wide range
of talents and potential represented by its membership.

On that note, I'm pleased to see the editor of the APGO ask for feedback on
the Quarterly's content, and even more pleased to see his declaration that
he wants the mag to be "by the members and for the members."  That is
extremely refreshing to hear.

Larry