[APG Public List] Donations to a historical society

Kathryn S. Black ksb832 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 2 08:02:22 MST 2009

Israel,

To the best of my knowledge (not being a lawyer), the "Deed of Gift" is
a piece of paperwork that the historical society needs for their
records.  The basic idea is that you are signing over any rights that
you or your mother may have had in the item given.  This shouldn't
affect any rights that other people may have in same (especially since
the subject and husband are dead).

I'd go ahead and sign the paper for the society.

Bless you for helping your mother deal with these things.

Kathryn Black
Mass, USA