[APG Public List] Digitizing 35mm slides

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Wed Dec 30 11:17:49 MST 2009

To clarify, I'm also digitizing slides to preserve them, and my criteria for
results is very demanding.  I just haven't come across the type of problem
you described.  When I said I wouldn't scan them at the highest possible
resolution it was to reduce introducing perfections, some of which are in
the slides themselves. I scan at resolutions that preserve the images and
allow copies to be viewed digitally or printed out in hardcopy. I think
you're setting the bar too high (as to resolution) for preserving the images
in slides, and may even be a counterproductive choice.

Larry