[APG Public List] Record Access in LaSalle County, Illinois

Jan Tripp Jan_Tripp at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 14:25:24 MST 2009

David,

I think you made the best of an unfortunate situation. Talking to the Clerk
or his deputy might have helped as Jeanette suggested. I'd follow up with a
call or e-mail. I always send a card or e-mail when I get home to let them
know how their staff has done.

The Clerk of the Circuit Court is Joseph M. Carey. I couldn't find a direct
telephone number for him but their contact page is:
http://www.lasallecounty.com/contact_us_0

Maybe a LaSalle researcher will weigh in with a more effective way of
getting their attention.

I learned from their FAQ page that “Staff in the Downtown Courthouse, Room
200, can help you locate certain older naturalization records.” We can only
hope.

Jan Tripp
Ann Arbor

Hi everyone,

I was recently in LaSalle County, Illinois and had the opportunity to do
some research.  <snip>