[APG Public List] Record Access in LaSalle County, Illinois

Jeanette Daniels jeanettedaniels8667 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 13:29:35 MST 2009

David,

Find whoever is higher up at the courthouse.  Naturalization records are public records.  I had a friend who ran into a similar problem at an Ohio courthouse.  She was on limited time as she was just visiting the area.  Once she returned home, she telephoned and found out who was in charge of the particular types of records in that part of the courthouse.  She wrote a detailed letter about how she was treated.  She received a letter back with an apology and also an invitation to use the courthouse records whenever she was back in the area again.

I suggest that you do the same thing.

Jeanette