[APG Public List] Record Access in LaSalle County, Illinois

David Suddarth dwsuddarth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:23:21 MST 2009

Harold,

Thank you for the suggestions.  The naturalization records are in the
courthouse downtown and are not on open shelves.  I do understand that most
of the time, the people at the courthouse are very busy and do try my best
to be courteous and patient.  I was just really caught of-guard by the
response.  I also thought it curious that the book I wanted was laying out
in the open in a public waiting area - not shelved or put away.  For records
that are supposedly closed to the public, that seemed a strange place to
keep the book.

I also went to the new government complex on the edge of town to do some
land research.  The people there are wonderful.  It was just this one
department where I had a problem.

Thanks again for the suggestions and have a great New Year!

--
David W. Suddarth
St. Paul, MN

www.dwsuddarth.wordpress.com