[APG Public List] Digitizing 35mm slides

Rev. David McDonald strude86 at charter.net
Sat Dec 26 19:34:22 MST 2009

Claire, I had excellent luck with my unit; it cost something like $90, I believe. Current drawback--it only runs on XP machines. It came with a four-frame holder for slides and works very simply and easily. The image captures are terrific.

This is more to encourage you to go ahead...as I say, mine is a bit past it's sell-by date!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Dave
--
Rev. Dr. David McDonald, CG(sm)*
Old Northwest Research, LLC

*"CG" & "Certified Genealogist" are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists (R), and are used by authorized associates following periodic, peer-reviewed competency evaluations. Certificate  No. 452, renewed, expires 19 April 2014.

---- Claire Bettag <claire at clairebettag.com> wrote:

I have several hundred 35mm slides (snapshots taken mainly in the 1970s and '80s) that I want to convert to digitized images--just to preserve the family photos. I'm considering sending the slides off to a service to have them done rather than purchase a scanner to convert them myself. I'd appreciate any advice, recommendations, pointers from others who have used such services. Feel free to respond privately.

Many thanks, in advance.

Claire

Claire Bettag
1685 34th Street NW