[APG Public List] KY history question

Lori Lyn Price pricegenealogy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 07:31:31 MST 2009

Good morning,

I am just starting to research my Ison and Fraley ancestors living in
Morgan & Elliott counties in northeast Kentucky during the late 1700s
and through the 1800s. Apparently they came from Virginia in the late
1700s and early 1800s. I am reading carefully the March 2009 NGSQ to
learn more about available records.

I was hoping that people on these lists might be able to point me to
some good books about the history of northeast Kentucky, and of the
migration from Virginia to Kentucky in the first few years after
Kentucky opened to settlement.

I am excited to start research in a new state unfamiliar to me and
learn about new record sources and history. When I was just starting
out in genealogy I made a trip to Isonville, Kentucky and met some
truly wonderful people who told me stories their grandparents told
about my gg-grandparents who moved to Arizona around 1900.

Thanks for your help!

Lori Lyn