[APG Public List] Texas State Death Index boo-boo

Jan Tripp Jan_Tripp at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 18:29:46 MST 2009

Rodina,

I’ll bet she is indexed but in a way you would ever find her!  I noticed the
index you pointed to was nicely typed up which suggests it might have been a
do-over of an earlier index. I guess they would copy the index and not
re-index it, so perhaps they omitted your g-grandmother’s index entry in
copying.   Here in Michigan we have vital records at the county and state
level so you get two sets of records and indexes. Occasionally you will find
a record in one place and not the other.

I’m inspired by your story to go back and look “digitally” for records that
I was “sure” existed but couldn’t be found. I think I will start with those
long-distance searches that returned negative results.

Jan
Ann Arbor