[APG Public List] Client Reports

todd white toddmichaelwhite at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 09:32:58 MST 2009

Karen,

I've been watching the dialogue back and forth on this list and this is the first time I am glued to my computer to see what everyone's response is. I think this is an excellent question that effects all of us.

To expand on Karen's question, I would like to know what types of reports are being generated to give to the client.

Personally, I have been creating a pedigree chart and an ahnentafel report for the client. I also include copies of all the supporting media such as census reports, etc... I've bought several nice presentation binders and put the documents into the sheet protectors. The last report was about 50 pages which fit neatly into the binder. I think overall it creates a very nice look.

I've always wanted to do a more professional looking book that was bound but no client has ever wanted to pay the cost for creating such a book.

I would love to know everyone else's procedure for creating and presenting a report to a client.

Thanks,

Todd White