[APG Public List] Re : APGPublicList Digest, Vol 2, Issue 11 - Re: Electrical Storm Protection

Dee Dee King, Certified Genealogist king at forensicgenealogyservices.com
Mon Aug 31 07:36:12 MDT 2009

I'd like to thank Debbie, a fellow genealogist, for sharing her experience.  Although her loss was hardware and not her years of genealogical research, luck, and the stray voltage, could have gone the other way and wiped out years of genealogical research and data collection. Thank you, Debbie, for reminding us that we need to be ever vigilant in protecting both our hardware and our genealogical work.  And thank you to the fellow genealogists who responded in support of their colleague and with other suggestions to help us keep our genealogical, personal, and business records safer.  This discussion, along with the online backup ideas, have been enlightening and timely, especially as many genealogists head out of town/state to a conference for nearly a week, leaving our genealogical work and hardware at home to fend for themselves.

best regards,

Dee

--
Dee Dee King, Certified Genealogist (sm), Certificate 903
www.ForensicGenealogyServices.com

Forensic Genealogy Services is the Service Mark of Forensic Genealogy Services, LLC.  Certified Genealogist (CG) is a service mark (sm) of the board for Certification of Genealogists® conferred to associates who consistently meet ethical and competency standards in accord with peer-reviewed evaluations every five years.