[APG Public List] Electrical Storm Protection

Debbie Parker Wayne debbie at debbiewayne.com
Sun Aug 30 14:26:01 MDT 2009

Craig Kilby wrote on 8/30/2009 1:02 PM:
> Regarding the recent discussion of lightening strikes. A few years
> lightening hit a "something" at the house. It was the strangest moment
> of my life. Oddly enough, the power never went. But it blew up the
> satellite, traveled through the wall (broke a window while at it.) The
> power surged on and came right back on.
 > Long story short, after this happened, the electric company came over
and gave us a "super surge protector" ...  So, call your electric
company to see if they provide this service in your locale.

Bonnie Kohler wrote on 8/30/2009 1:25 PM:
> ... And, finally, I have an insurance policy that costs
> $2.50/mo. that is tacked onto my electric bill that will help with
> replacement costs if I incur damages due to a power surge.
Now that is something I need to find about as well as the "super surge
protector" Craig mentioned.

I will now believe anything about lightning and electricity. Our lights
never even flickered when all those other devices scattered throughout
the house got fried.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regards, Debbie

Debbie Parker Wayne