[APG Public List] OT - deal on HP 88 ink cartridges

Debbie Parker Wayne debbie at debbiewayne.com
Sun Aug 30 07:58:23 MDT 2009

One reminder to all - even a UPS won't always protect devices from
electrical fluctuations in a storm. This is my caution to make this
message on-topic and useful to all the list members.

Due to a lightning strike I can offer someone a very good deal on HP 88
ink cartridges. Contact me off list if you are interested in a good deal
on HP 88XL black, HP88 yellow, two HP88 cyan, and two HP88 magenta ink
cartridges for HP OfficeJet Pro K550, K5400, K8400, L7550, L7580, L7590,
L7650, L7680, L7750, L7780 printers. I can hand deliver to Little Rock
saving shipping charges. <grin>

Just as I was thinking I should shut down my PC as a storm neared there
was a peal of thunder immediately followed by a loud pop in my office.
So far we have discovered we lost two printers (completely dead), a
large monitor (only red colors display now), a USB hub, a USB port on a
PC, a network port on a PC, the network router, one cordless telephone,
and the HDMI output on the DirecTV receiver (or the HDMI input port to
the TV). The printer/FAX caused the telephone line to be dead until we
disconnected the phone line from it. These devices were scattered on
three different UPS devices and several surge protectors.

I now believe those warnings that say you should shut down and
disconnect electronic devices from AC when a storm approaches.

--
Regards, Debbie

Debbie Parker Wayne
Wayne Research -- http://debbiewayne.com/