[APG Public List] Enumeration date Florida State census 1945

Bonnie Kohler kohlerbj at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 29 11:06:07 MDT 2009

Hi All.

I could not find the date of the enumeration for the Florida 1945 census.
Bob West of the State Library of Florida advised me that the enumeration was
to be done on or before the 20th day of May 1945.

My notes during our conversation were these:

Gen. Laws of the State of Fla. Chap 22515, Senate Bill #1, "An Act to
Provide for the Taking of the Population Census of the State of Fla. in the
year 1945 and making appropriations therefore"

Sub-heading "Returns"

Part of Sect. 5

The enumerators shall make a complete return of the enumeration of the
inhabitants of each county in accordance with the provision of this act and
the instructions of the Commissioner of Agriculture on or before the 20th
day of May 1945.

Best regards,

Bonnie Dunphy Kohler
APG Member, Florida