[APG Public List] 19th century middle initials and names

JFonkert at aol.com JFonkert at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 17:16:56 MDT 2009

Thank you, Tom.  So many possibilities.  I have a theory (little  more) for
the parents of my man.  If I am correct, the "C." could stand for  Craig,
the maiden surname of the mother.  However, I have only  circumstantial
evidence at this point.  I have found various records from  Kentucky, Indiana and
Virginia that consistently show the "C" middle initial,  but nothing to
suggest what it might have stood for.  I will receive copies  of some court
records in the next few days that might possibly give further  hints to the
man's family relationships.

Jay F.

In a message dated 8/27/2009 5:56:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,