[APG Public List] SS-5 parents' names blackened out

Tate stubbytate at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 16:33:12 MDT 2009

Is it an actual law?  Or just part of the discretionary process from individual SSA employees?

According to this website ( http://www.lee.army.mil/foia.html ), the Army processes a sanitized area but it should have the reason listed on the document.

At best, the SSA should provide a reason in a letter if a reason is requested in writing, citing whatever law or source they go by for determining the sanitation.

Just my humble opinion.  I'm no expert.

Lynita