[APG Public List] 19th century middle initials and names

Rondina Muncy rondina.muncy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:55:13 MDT 2009

Carolyn & Jay,

My experience has been to *question* whether he had a middle name. When I
was a manuscript reader for EE, I had a little discussion with a special
someone about whether including something about this was worthy of being in
the book. Oh, yes indeedy! ESM taught me many, many things--some of which I
still remember. One of them is to *not* assume that this didn't occur with
some frequency in other times, as well as our own.

One of the tools that I have used during the past few months to track a
family is to do due diligence to the supposed middle names of the subject's
children. These unproven middle names match perfectly with the children's
middle initials that were consistently used on documents. I always search
for those other names, especially in this particular case because they do
refer to allied or collateral families.

This is both sides of the coin.

Rondina
Rondina P. Muncy