[APG Public List] 19th century middle initials and names

Carolyn Earle Billingsley cebillingsley at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 27 11:09:24 MDT 2009

Jay, in my experience, which is, of course, not all inclusive, my
opinion is that he did, indeed, HAVE a middle name, which may even have
been a female forebearer's surname.

He may also have used the initial to differentiate himself from another
person with his first name.

But I do not think _all_ he had was an initial for a middle name,
although he used it that way.

I'd also like to know what his _first_ name was, as some given names are
paired together--such as William Asbury, Martin Luther, George
Washington, Finish Leech, Oliver Hazard Perry, Marcus Aurelius, etc.
Regards, Carolyn

Carolyn Earle Billingsley, Ph.D.
Member APG, Lone Star Chapter
www.cebillingsley.net