[APG Public List] 19th century middle initials and names

jfonkert at aol.com jfonkert at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 08:54:05 MDT 2009

Good morning to all.? I am working on a man who lived in Kentucky from about 1795-1825, probably born about 1777.? Throughout this Kentucky period, he was consistently known with the middle initial "C."?? A full middle name is never spelled out.? Can anyone tell me, is it likely that "C." stood for a middle given name?? Or might it have just been an initial?

?

?
Jay Fonkert, CG
http://fourgenerationsgenealogy.blogspot.com/
Saint Paul, MN

Member, Association of Professional Genealogists
(professional profile at www.apgen.org)
Member, Genealogical Speakers Guild
(professional profile at http://www.genealogicalspeakersguild.org/)

CG (Certified Genealogist) is a service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under license by Board-certified associates after periodic competency evaluations.