- An online publication,
available worldwide to members, libraries, societies,
and consumers, with:
- Members' contact information, biographies, services,
research and geographic specialties
- Various search criteria to assist readers in finding
Current issue Table of Contents
- A journal for those interested in professionalism.
- Articles on communicating with clients, preparing lineage society applications, training research assistants, business record keeping, and home office tax concerns.
- Articles in associated fields (preparing lecture slides, teaching family history to children, preparing manuscripts for printing).
- "Question of the Quarter" dialogues (How do you obtain clients? Where do you draw the line between free advice and billing for consultation? What accounting software do you use? How do you organize your time and office?)
- APGQ - Sample Articles
- APGQ Writer's Guidelines
- APGQ Advertising Rates
- APGQ Article
Index 1979-2012 (September)
"Why Hire a Professional Genealogist?"
"Becoming a Professional Genealogist"
"Guidelines for the Use of Credentials & Postnominals in Professional Genealogy"
The text can be printed from these web pages. Brochures are also available by contacting email@example.com.
As a result of a generous offer from FamilySearch, APG is making available three presentations from the 2009 APG Professional Management Conference, which took place on September 2 at the FGS Conference in Little Rock, Arkansas.
In the past, APG sponsored a public mailing list dedicated to discussing topics of interest to genealogical professionals, individuals considering the profession
of genealogy, family historians, and others seeking professional networking and advice. Although this list is no longer active, the archives remain available for public reading.
Archives for the APG Mail List discussions hosted on RootsWeb (August 1998 to 26 Aug 2009) can be searched at
Browse the online archives by conversation thread, subject, author, or date for mailing list postings dated
August 2009 to July 2011.
APG members may subscribe to the APG Members-Only List. This unmoderated mailing list is used to discuss topics of interest to the members of the Association of Professional Genealogists. Subject matter includes but is not limited to genealogical and historical sources, research methodology, business principles and practices, APG
business, and much more.
Home | Directory | About Us | Activities | Chapters| Membership | Publications
Copyright © Association of Professional Genealogists, 1996-2013